Malad West is one of the most prominent property markets in Mumbai today, offering 2 BHK flats for sale at several well-known projects. Malad West is located right along the Malad Creek, surrounded by beautiful mangroves. The area is also popular amongst homebuyers due to its excellent connectivity through the Mumbai suburban railway network. There are several multi-storied apartments and high-rises in the area along with a few villas and other independent homes.
Malad West is also well connected to several IT parks including Mindspace, while being located near other areas like Goregaon West, Kandivali West and Malad East. Here are some of the reasons contributing to the popularity of Malad West as an ideal family living destination.
What makes Malad West stand out?
Here are some of the key aspects that contribute towards the burgeoning appeal of Malad West:
- Malad West ensures easy connectivity to key southern and western Mumbai zones along with Mira-Bhayander and Navi Mumbai.
- The harbour and western lines are accessible along with the Western Express Highway, New Link Road and SV Road. Aarey Road is also accessible, linking the suburb to several parts of Thane and eastern suburbs along with the other roads mentioned here.
- The nearest railway stations include Malad (western line) and Goregaon (harbour and western line). The Metro Line 2A between DN Nagar and Dahisar West is a shot in the arm for the area.
- The Mumbai International Airport is just 12-17 kilometres away from Malad West.
- The locality also offers good social amenities to residents. There are several leading educational institutions like the Dr. S Radhakrishnan International School, Billabong High International School, VIBGYOR Roots and Rise School, DG Khetan International School, Orchids The International School and many others.
- Shopping malls like the Inorbit Mall and Oberoi Mall are readily accessible from Malad West while top healthcare centres here include the Namaha Hospital, Sun Hospital, Zenith Multispecialty Hospital and the Surana Hospital.
- The area is also home to several other recreational amenities like the Malad Gymkhana and the Green Village Recreation Club & Pool.
- Top employment zones near Malad West include Mindspace Malad along with Infinity IT Park, Nirlon Knowledge Park, NESCO IT Park and the Veera Desai Industrial Estate, which are all within 5-10 kilometres of the locality. The BKC is only 21 kilometres away, while the SEEPZ is accessible in just 11 kilometres. The Kensington SEZ, Hiranandani Business Park, MIDC Andheri, Indiabulls Finance Centre and Peninsula Business Park are all within a radius of 12-26 kilometres.
Hence, there is steady demand for 2 BHK flats for sale in Malad West due to its connectivity and overall infrastructure. There is easy access to Powai through the JVLR (Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road). The Sanjay Gandhi National Park is also well connected to the locality, offering gorgeous natural vistas for residents. The upcoming coastal road is also near Malad West while the Metro Line 2 between Colaba and the SEEPZ will also pass through Malad.
Top employment zones, recreational destinations, IT hubs, hospitals, schools and shopping malls are all within easy proximity from Malad West. The INS Hamla, which is a leading training institution of the Indian Navy, is situated in the neighbourhood. There are also the Aksa and Madh-Marve beaches nearby for spending some relaxing moments with loved ones. Investors are finding it lucrative to purchase properties in Malad West due to its growing appeal as a residential destination in the western suburbs, fuelled by rapid connectivity improvements and commercial growth.