If you wish to buy chocolate cakes for your dear ones on any special occasion, there are several online and offline stores you can take help from. But the charm that a homemade chocolate cake has, there is nothing more delightful than that. So, to get your back, we have this easy-to-make recipe for the chocolate cake so that you need not struggle to get the job done perfectly.
Let us have a look at the recipe. And, if it turned out well, you can even send online cake in Delhi for any special occasion. Let us begin with the homemade chocolate cake recipe:
Ingredients Required for Main Chocolate Cake
- 1 and 3/4thcup of all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 and ½ tsp of baking powder
- 3/4thcup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot boiling water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
Ingredients Required for Chocolate Frosting
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2/3rdcup of baking cocoa
- 2/3rdunsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8th tsp salt
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3rdcup of whole milk
- The first and foremost step for chocolate cake making is to pre heat the microwave to the temperature of 350 degrees.
- The next step is to grease two cake pans used for cake baking.
- Make sure to sprinkle the pan with some flour and grease the pans with butter or oil as per your choice.
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl to prepare the batter for the cake.
- The ingredients to put into the bowl are sugar, salt, cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir all the ingredients and mix them well together to form a lump-free cake batter.
- Now, put two large eggs into this dry mixture and mix it well. Pour oil, vanilla extract, and buttermilk and mix all the ingredients to prepare a wet batter for the cake preparation.
- Now beat all the ingredients poured into the bowl to form a lump-free batter. You can also use a hand blender to blend the batter. Keep the speed of the blender medium and beat for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lumps in the batter will ruin the cake texture, and all your efforts will go into vain.
- After mixing the batter with the eggs, it is time to add boiling water. Do not add the boiling water directly into the batter but stir the mixture and add the water slowly.
- This will make the batter a bit thinner and will regulate the consistency of the batter so that it can spread out evenly.
- Make sure to keep the quantity of the water even so that you don’t make the batter runny. You can use the measuring cups for the same.
- Now, this is the time to transfer the prepared batter into the greased cake pans in equal amounts.
- Spread the batter evenly and put the pans into the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Don’t forget to spread the batter in the whole pan so that the cake comes out even after the baking is complete.
- Once the cake is baked completely, the next thing to do is to keep it cool. Cool the cake completely before serving it, as the next step is to proceed with frosting.
- For cooling, you should keep the cake in the refrigerator. It will take around 2 to 3 hours to set the cake completely.
- The cake is ready for frosting.
The chocolate cake frosting process
- To prepare for the cake frosting, take a medium-sized bowl and put unsweetened cocoa powder and butter into it.
- Mix both of these dry ingredients well and make sure that there are no lumps in the batter.
- The next step is to add the powdered sugar into the same bowl, followed by vanilla essence and milk to prepare the wet batter.
- Stir all these ingredients into the bowl very well to get a nice, thick, and creamy batter with a smooth consistency.
- Next, keep the prepared batter in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours to set it.
The cake assembling and decoration
- Take the chocolate cake from the two cakes you have prepared. Pour some of the prepared chocolate frosts on it and spread evenly so that it reaches all the sides.
- After the first piece is completely covered with the chocolate frost, put the 2nd cake piece over it.
- If you have prepared more than two cake pans for your homemade cake, you can repeat the process again to make you take two-tier and three-tier.
- Now, when you have given your cake a proper height, use the rest of the frosting to cover the cake and give it a shape as per your desire.
- To complete the cake decoration, you can use chocolate gems, chocos, chocolate shreds, and sprinklers to give it a unique touch.
- To make your chocolate cake a healthier dessert, you can add dry fruits or freshly chopped fruits for the toppings.
- Your chocolate cake is all set to eat. Serve it hot or cold as per your desire, and your dear ones will surely like it.
Are you a busy bee and looking for an easier way to send chocolate cake to your dear ones? For this, GiftaLove.com can be your easy-to-go option. Customers can avail of online cake delivery in Bangalore, Pune, and across India to make every occasion a delightful one.