Candidates interested in establishing a career in management after completion of 10+2 can opt for the BBA program as it provides fair insight into business management and its operations. There are over 4000 private and government BBA colleges in India. So it becomes important to carefully check for the best colleges before getting admission as this will play a major role in shaping a candidate’s career in the future.
BBA colleges’ admission process:
Here is the general admission procedure followed by the best BBA colleges in India:
1.Eligibility criteria to be fulfilled:
- Candidates should have completed 10+2 from any stream from a board recognised by the state or center. Those who are still waiting for the 12th class results can also apply for the BBA course.
- Admission to BBA is done based on the 10+2 scores. Candidates should have an aggregate score of at least 50% or more.
2. Certain institutions conduct special entrance exams for admission to BBA courses.
Iii. If the eligibility conditions are fulfilled, candidates can fill up the application form by visiting the official website of the particular college.
Sometimes a common application form might be available for the government colleges.
3. Required documents:
Here are the documents which candidates need to furnish for admission to the course:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Mark sheet of 10th class
- Mark sheet of 10+2
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
4. BBA entrance exams:
Here are some of the popular entrance exams for admission to BBA colleges in India:
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET):
Symbiosis International University conducts this. 50% in 10+2 is needed for appearing in this exam.
- GGSIPU CET:
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University conducts this online test. Candidates must have English as an elective and must score 50% aggregate in 10+2.
Indian Institute of Management, Indore conducts this for the 5 years integrated BBA and MBA program. Scores in this test allow admission to Nirma University. There is a Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) in the procedure.
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts this national level exam for admission to courses in Delhi University. 18 colleges come under its purview.
The Scorecard of this online test helps in getting admission to Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce and its other campuses in Bangalore, Indore, Mumbai, and Navi Mumbai.
- AIMA UGAT:
All India Management Association conducts this exam which allows admission to various undergraduate courses including BBA.
Course fees of BBA colleges in India:
The course fees of 5 BBA colleges are as follows
|College name||Eligibility criteria||Course Fee|
|Christ University, Bangalore||10+2 score
|Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai||On Merit basis on the basis of 10+2 score.||INR 90,000
|Faculty of Management, Banasthali University, Rajasthan||On Merit basis on the basis of 10+2 score.
|Institute of Management Studies, Noida||JET test score
|Mount Carmel College, Bangalore||On Merit basis on the basis of 10+2 score.||INR 1,50,000
Reasons to opt for BBA:
All BBA colleges may not follow the same curriculum but offer the following benefits:
- Students intending to prepare for MBA entrance tests join the BBA course so that there is continuity of education and enough time for preparation.
- Those pursuing BBA from the best colleges find it easier to select a specification while joining the MBA program after graduation.
3. It lays a strong foundation for management education for the business aspirants,
4. Students applying for postgraduate management programs can score extra points to candidates who have completed BBA as businesses in India provide extra credits for academic diversity.
BBA course lays the foundation for candidates who wish to become entrepreneurs. Since there are many BBA colleges in India, owing to the rise in demand for business professionals,
Candidates can opt for the full-time or correspondence modes to get quality education through their industry-specific curriculum.
Check out the list of BBA colleges India at https://www.shiksha.com/bba/colleges/bba-colleges-india